The Wellington International Pride Parade (WIPP) takes place on Saturday 16 March 2019. We are running a competition for all shops, bars/restaurants and office buildings/establishments on or near Wellington's Golden Mile to get into the spirit of pride and celebrate and acknowledge the Wellington rainbow community by decorating their street window frontage.
You could use rainbow flags or any other theme that you design with a focus on the rainbow community. You may also represent the theme for the 2019 parade of “FIRE - ignite your passion for your community | AHI - hei whakaatu i to hiahia mo to hapori”.
This represents a great opportunity for your business to stand out during the Wellington Pride Festival, which takes place from 8 – 24 March. An estimated 750 international visitors will also arrive in Wellington for the ILGA (International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association) World Conference from 18 – 22 March.
For the purposes on this competition, the golden mile is considered Lambton Quay, Willis St (to Manners), Cuba St / Mall, Manners St and Courtenay Place.
Entries will be judged by our competition sponsor Armstrong Prestige Wellington.
A 2-night stay for you and a loved one at Peppers Parehua in Martinborough, including breakfast, with the use of a luxury vehicle and a tank of petrol from Armstrong Prestige Wellington for the period of the stay.
An amazing prize pack of Garage Project products and merchandise.
1. Register your entry on the wipp.nz “Paint the Town Rainbow” competition page by 8 March
2. We will then send you a decal to display in your window acknowledging your support of the Wellington International Pride Parade
3. Have your shop front entry completed by 5pm, Monday 11 March
4. Designs will be judged from Tuesday 12 to Saturday 16 March
5. Winners to be announced Monday 18 March 2019 on our Facebook page
6. Leave your displays up until the 24 March so that locals and visitors can check out your entry